Deliveries & Returns
We offer one free kerbside delivery on all orders over £250 within the UK. Delivery will be made by our chosen delivery partner, UPS, or by an alternative of our choice.
- Free delivery does not include packaging removal and assembly. Within the M25 we will offer free packaging removal, room of choice and asembly on all orders over £1,500.
- Free delivery can not be offered on items not suitable for kerbside delivery including large furniture items and large, delicate lighting.
- Our free delivery policy covers Monday to Friday deliveries between 8am and 6pm. Weekend and evening deliveries can be arranged for an extra fee. Call us on 0207 590 0030 to discuss.
If you would like to know if the items you ordered include assembly and packaging removal please contact us on 020 7590 0030 or at email@example.com.
Orders below £50 will incur a £3.50 delivery charge.
For large and delicate furniture and lighting in the UK you will be contacted to arrange a delivery time when your items are ready for despatch.
All items in an order are always delivered together in one dispatch. We can on occasion deliver items separately if items are delayed. In stock items are normally delivered within 1-4 working days.
All parcel deliveries must be signed for. If you would like to request a specific delivery time, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We always do our best to accommodate all delivery requests.
If you require a change of delivery address, you must send a request in writing to email@example.com.
The delivery cost for an order is charged at time of purchase and is dictated by the items you have ordered and by your delivery address. Below you will find our UK delivery prices.
Delivery to UK
|London||Rest of UK|
|Orders not requiring packaging removal or assembly|
|Orders under £250||£3.50||£3.50|
|Orders over £250||FREE||FREE|
|Two-man deliveries with packaging removal and assembly||£70.00||£100.00 - £150.00**|
If your billing or delivery address does not have a postcode, please enter "NOCODE" in the postcode field to proceed with any order or delivery quotation.
* Remote areas: HIghlands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland.
** The exact shipping rate can be calculated in the shopping bag page (before check out).
We currently deliver to the following countries/territories: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Indonesia, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America.
If your country is not listed here please contact us at 020 7590 0030 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you with a quote for delivery.
The price of international delivery is based on your delivery address and the size and weight of your order.
We use UPS, Parcel Force, FedEx and British Shop for our international delivery services.
All orders being sent outside of the European Union are subject to duty and custom charges; the customer must pay these charges. Skandium has no control over the amount of duty and custom charges. If an order is undelivered because the wrong details have been provided or refused we reserve the right to refund only the items ordered but not the shipping charges. Our website automatically deducts the UK VAT on all orders being shipped out of the EU.
When shipping items internationally, we will repair or replace items that are truly faulty or damaged on arrival, but the cost of returning the items are the responsibility of the customer. It is the customer’s responsibility to pay the delivery cost for items that need to be returned to Skandium due to a claim, exchange or refund.
Estimated delivery lead times
The item with the longest lead time will dictate the lead time for an order. The estimated delivery time will be quoted in a second confirmation email after your order has been processed. Any foreseeable delays are communicated to our customers after information like this becomes available.
Lead-times for deliveries during August/September and December may be longer due to summer and Christmas factory closures across our network of suppliers. Please contact us for specific information.
Below you will find international transit times once your items are ready for dispatch for small to large parcels. These transit times must be added onto the standard delivery lead time listed for each product.
Large furniture and lighting requires special services and methods to get the job done right when delivering internationally, for this reason delivery lead times will be quoted on a per order basis. Please contact us.
In general we offer a full refund for orders returned to us in sellable condition within 14 days of receiving your order. "Made to order items" are excluded from the above condition. It is very important to note that after "made to order items" enter the production process, they cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned for a credit note. To fully understand what a "made to order item" is please see our policies section for more information.
Skandium is not responsible for "made to order items" that are not needed anymore. Skandium is not responsible for "made to order items" that cannot be delivered to the delivery address. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that there is proper access to the delivery address for all items that are ordered. We suggest measuring all doorways and entryways, as well as any related dimensions, of which will affect the usage of the items.
Extended Christmas Returns Policy
We've specially extended our returns period for the Christmas season.
Items dispatched by Skandium.com during the period from 1st December 2018 to 31st December 2018 inclusive, may be returned within 21 days.
Our returns policy will revert to the standard 14-day period for items dispatched after 31st December 2018.
Refunds are only accepted and processed based on the following scenarios. We ask that you please contact The Skandium Webshop to pre-authorize any refund before returning any items to us:
If items have not been dispatched
We can cancel and refund "made to order items" only if cancellation is requested before the item has been put into production. You can cancel an order by calling 020 7590 0030 or by writing an email to email@example.com from the email address listed on the order. If accepted, a refund will be processed within 14 working days back to the debit/credit card used to make original purchase.
If items have been dispatched
After "made to order items" enter the production process, they cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned for a credit note. We can refund all other items, if a customer can contact us over the phone or via email within 14 days of when you have received your order. We reserve the right to decline any refund after 14 business days of receipt of items. Once your items have been returned and checked, if accepted, a refund will be processed within 14 business days back to the debit/credit card used to make original purchase. Delivery charges will not be refunded, and the cost of returning the items safely is the customers’ responsibility.
If items have been purchased from our clearance sale
We are unable to cancel, refund or exchange items that have been purchased from our clearance sale. These items should always clearly state the fault or damage where applicable. Please contact us prior to any purchase if you are unsure about the condition of an item.
The items must be returned to the following address immediately in the same condition and original packaging:
Unit 9 Albone Way
SG18 8BN, Bigleswade
For goods purchased from our stores
- A minimum deposit of 50% is required at the time of order.
- Any outstanding amount must be paid prior to delivery, or at collection.
- Should you choose to pay any outstanding balance by cheque, we will allow sufficient time for the cheque to clear before arranging delivery or collection.
- Deliveries are charged at cost unless we have agreed otherwise.
- Deliveries can only be made during normal working hours, Monday to Friday.
- All deliveries must be signed for. Claims regarding shortage or damaged goods must be made at the time of delivery and noted on the delivery receipt. No claims for shortage will be accepted after the delivery.
- Claims regarding damaged goods made after delivery will be considered at the discretion of Skandium Limited and must be made within a reasonable period of time.
- Goods will be held free of charge for 2 weeks from the time that the goods are available for delivery. Storage time over and above this will be charged at the rate of £30.00 per order per week.
- The estimated lead-time is based on our experience from working with our manufacturers and on the information the manufacturers give us. We will endeavor to keep customers informed of any unexpected delays.
- While we will take all possible action to maintain the estimated lead-time, we are unable to influence delays caused by shipping companies, damage during transit, strike action, factory holidays or changes in manufacturing schedules.
- Skandium limited does not accept liability for any loss due to late delivery.
- It is the customer's responsibility to oversee that all measurements of goods ordered are checked to ensure accessibility.
- Goods that are unable to be delivered as a result of problems involving access that were not noted at the time of ordering will not be refunded, nor will any delivery cost.
- We are unable to offer a removal service for old furniture.
- Our delivery service will only deliver ordered goods. It is not our responsibility to move customers existing furniture.
Matching colours and patterns
- For goods that are made from a natural product such as wood, leather or marble, it is not possible to guarantee that the goods would have the same colour or pattern as the item viewed on the shop floor, a sample or in a catalogue.
Amendments of orders
- Order amendments may be made only if feasible and at our discretion.
Cancellations of orders
- Cancellations must be made in writing. The deposit will not be refunded.
- Specially ordered goods (i.e. non stock goods) are non returnable or exchangeable unless genuinely faulty.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights and are within the Sales of Goods Act 1979.